History & Exploration
Out of stock
- 40th anniversary edition – celebrating forty years of Shipwright and Model Shipwright
- A mix of articles cover the traditional focus of ship modelling as well as marine art, maritime scholarship, and historical research
- Contains a wealth of practical advice for ship modellers as well as catering for a broader, more diverse specialist interest groupLearn More
- An intriguing illustrated biography of the remarkable Mrs Ronnie Greville and her magnificent house, Polesden Lacey, where George VI and the Queen Mother spent their honeymoon.
- This fascinating 'rags to riches tale' is laced with scandal, wit and intrigue all set against the backdrop of 80 years of tumultous world events.
- Mrs Ronnie had close relationships with royals from Edward VII to George VI and was also friends with Osbert Sitwell, Winston Churchill and Cecil Beaton.Learn More
- 2013 welcomes the 150th birthday of London's Underground – let's celebrate!
- Contains 80 entertaining (but bizarre!) stories about the most loved public transport system in the world
- A great gift book for both residents and travellers who are passionate about local historyLearn More
Regular Price: £14.99
Special Price: £11.99
- Fascinating photograph album chronicling the life of legendary railwayman Richard Hardy
- Filled with captivating detail and rare pictures that give an insight into all aspects of railway life during the Age of Steam
- Extended captions tell revealing and engaging anecdotes of life on the lines, evoking nostalgic memories of Britain's railwaysLearn More
Regular Price: £40.00
Special Price: £32.00
- The ultimate single-volume history of the development of trade and commerce across the globe
- With fascinating feature boxes on world-famous trade routes and cargoes, examining their impact on cultural exchange, vessel development and other aspects of commercial trade
- A wealth of illustrations sourced from many of the world's leading museums, archives and librariesLearn More
Regular Price: £7.99
Special Price: £6.39
- A fascinating insight into the training of the special service volunteer soldiers who formed the Commandos.
- Compiled from wartime training manuals and documents, including 1942 reports and lecture notes from the Commando Training Centre at Achnacarry in the Scottish Highlands.
- Covers the formation and organization of Commando Companies, including British, Anzac and Inter-Allied forces; outlining training methods, weapons handling, hand-to-hand combat, fieldcraft, orienteering and night operations.Learn More