- Part of the bestselling Then and Now series, this charming contrast of old and new photographs highlights the stunning changes – and the equally amazing similarities – of one of the most culturally thriiving cities in Britain, its well-known places but also some of its hidden gems.
- An archive tour of Scotland's thriving city,showing tremendous change over 150 years. Each archive photo is matched with the viewpoint as it looks today.
- It includes the Cathedral and Necropolis, Provand’s Lordship, the Tontine Building, Saltmarket, City Chambers, Royal Exchange, St Enoch Hotel, Jamaica Bridge, Doulton Fountain, Argyle Street, Sauchiehall Street, Britannia Music Hall, Glasgow University, Gallowgate, Trongate, Gorbals, Queen’s Dock, Yorkhill Dock and Hampden Park.Learn More
Out of stock
- Make your own wine, beer, cider, juice and cordial using everything imaginable from your garden – including flowers, fruits, vegetables and even weeds!
- Comprehensive guide on everything you need to start brewing at home, and what to use from your garden and when
- Over 140 delicious recipes suitable for any abilityLearn More
- An exquisite facsimile edition of a classic wartime book on growing fruit and vegetables
- Warm, personable writing style makes the book a joy to read, but it is also very informative and relevant for today's gardeners
- An ideal nostalgic gift for kitchen gardeners and allotment holdersLearn More
- A must-have source for any celebration, from weddings and Christmas to christenings and funerals.
- This inspiring collection includes traditional and modern favourites, such as Jerusalem, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, All Things Bright and Beautiful, The Holly and the Ivy and Abide with Me.
- Contains beautiful hymns originally written by Britain's best-loved poets, including John Donne, John Milton, William Blake, William Wordsworth and Rudyard Kipling.Learn More
- This charming illustrated gift book brings together Britain's best-loved ornamental, fantastical and sometimes just plain mystifying buildings, created over the centuries by the great and good
- Packed with beautiful illustrations and fascinating historical information, written in a chatty and accessible style
- Author is one of the UK's leading folly expertsLearn More
- One of Britain's most-loved cities celebrated in the Then and Now series
- Charming contrast of old and new photographs of Liverpool's landmarks and some unknown gems
- From Albert Dock to Birkenhead, Goodison Park to Southport, a photographic tour of the city past and presentLearn More