- Fully revised, updated and expanded, this classic book is a guide to the many houses in the care of the National Trust, from the spectacular to the humble
- Contains all the main properties, combining fascinating historical detail, glorious colour photographs and practical information for visitors Author
- Lydia Greeves is a noted expert on the country houses of Britain, and has a long association with the National TrustLearn More
- An intriguing illustrated biography of the remarkable Mrs Ronnie Greville and her magnificent house, Polesden Lacey, where George VI and the Queen Mother spent their honeymoon.
- This fascinating 'rags to riches tale' is laced with scandal, wit and intrigue all set against the backdrop of 80 years of tumultous world events.
- Mrs Ronnie had close relationships with royals from Edward VII to George VI and was also friends with Osbert Sitwell, Winston Churchill and Cecil Beaton.Learn More
Regular Price: £20.00
Special Price: £16.00
- Celebration of the oldest living plants in the world; tree species that live for more than a thousand years From the grand Oaks of Europe, the Redwoods of California to the majestic Ginkgos of the East.
- Authoritative text with the history and botanical details of each tree species – published in association with Kew Gardens
- Stunning photography from prize-winning photographerLearn More
- An exquisite facsimile edition of a classic wartime book on growing fruit and vegetables
- Warm, personable writing style makes the book a joy to read, but it is also very informative and relevant for today's gardeners
- An ideal nostalgic gift for kitchen gardeners and allotment holdersLearn More
- This charming illustrated gift book brings together Britain's best-loved ornamental, fantastical and sometimes just plain mystifying buildings, created over the centuries by the great and good
- Packed with beautiful illustrations and fascinating historical information, written in a chatty and accessible style
- Author is one of the UK's leading folly expertsLearn More
The Manor Reborn accompanies a Thursday evening primetime BBC 1 TV series starting on November 24th for 4 weeks. A highly illustrated BBC TV-tie in book that follows how Avebury Manor, one of England's great houses, is brought back to life. The National Trust, Penelope Keith and Paul Martin lead a team of experts and volunteers to refurbish nine rooms in four heritage styles - Tudor, Georgian, Victorian and Pre-War Modern and a walled Victorian kitchen garden.Learn More
Price:£20.00â€¢Lovingly researched celebration of Britain's oldest and most famous trees told through history, literature and legend. â€¢Superbly illustrated with archive photographs and engravings, together with contemporary colour photographs. â€¢Published in association with the National Trust, with many of their properties featured. Learn More