Britain & London
- Fully revised, updated and expanded, this classic book is a guide to the many houses in the care of the National Trust, from the spectacular to the humble
- Contains all the main properties, combining fascinating historical detail, glorious colour photographs and practical information for visitors Author
- Lydia Greeves is a noted expert on the country houses of Britain, and has a long association with the National TrustLearn More
Price:£4.11A humorous, historical dissection of London's strangest moments, events, locations and characters! Over 1000 years of the unbelievable-but-true tales and a unique travel guide to the strange! Perfect for fans of the strange, the weird and the downright bonkers! Learn More
- An archive tour of England's second city showing tremendous change over 150 years.
- Each archive photo is matched with the viewpoint as it looks today.
- Includes: Colmore Row, New Street, Broad Street, Victoria Square, Birmingham Town Hall, Bournville, Villa Park, Edgbaston, The Hawthorns, St. Andrews, the University of Birmingham, the Botanical Gardens, the old Bull Ring, Gas Street Basin.Learn More
- This charming illustrated gift book brings together Britain's best-loved ornamental, fantastical and sometimes just plain mystifying buildings, created over the centuries by the great and good
- Packed with beautiful illustrations and fascinating historical information, written in a chatty and accessible style
- Author is one of the UK's leading folly expertsLearn More
- One of Britain's most-loved cities celebrated in the Then and Now series
- Charming contrast of old and new photographs of Liverpool's landmarks and some unknown gems
- From Albert Dock to Birkenhead, Goodison Park to Southport, a photographic tour of the city past and presentLearn More
The Manor Reborn accompanies a Thursday evening primetime BBC 1 TV series starting on November 24th for 4 weeks. A highly illustrated BBC TV-tie in book that follows how Avebury Manor, one of England's great houses, is brought back to life. The National Trust, Penelope Keith and Paul Martin lead a team of experts and volunteers to refurbish nine rooms in four heritage styles - Tudor, Georgian, Victorian and Pre-War Modern and a walled Victorian kitchen garden.Learn More
Price:£20.00â€¢Lovingly researched celebration of Britain's oldest and most famous trees told through history, literature and legend. â€¢Superbly illustrated with archive photographs and engravings, together with contemporary colour photographs. â€¢Published in association with the National Trust, with many of their properties featured. Learn More