- From 'growing your own' and cooking with herbs to harvesting honey and keeping chickens, there is plenty here to inspire the modern gardener.
- Peek behind the garden door at some of Britain's grandest estates to discover the traditional crafts of growing, cooking and self-sufficiency from past masters.
- Stunning historical walled gardens, orchards, dovecotes, fishponds, deerparks and vineyards across the country give a fascinating insight into how Britain's landscape has evolved over the centuries.
- Make some garden friends – an array of plants, animals, insects, birds and other wildlife that will help you maintain a happy, healthy outdoor space.
- Practical advice on which garden friends to encourage – from slug-munching toads to aphid-repelling marigolds – and the small changes needed to your garden to keep them there.
- Whether you want to experiment with companion planting, pest control or simply need some plants to do the work for you, gardening in harmony with nature has never been easier.