- Create your own made-to-measure clothes in a range of historical styles, from the mid-16th century to the end of the 19th.
- Easy-to-follow instructions and simple diagrams demonstrate how to adapt basic patterns – including bodices, skirts, petticoats, sleeves, jackets, gowns, robes and much more.
- The unique method of pattern cutting ensures that the garments will fit all shapes and sizes – perfect for costume designers of stage and screen as well as anyone hoping to achieve that period look.Learn More
Out of stock
- One of the best beginner books on making patterns for dressmaking
- Simple step by step instructions and diagrams basic blocks for skirts, bodices (tops), jacket and trouser, with refinements such as necklines, sleeves, flounces. pleats, peg tops, pockets, crossovers, gores, and collarsLearn More
Regular Price: £9.99
Special Price: £7.99
- 52 brilliant, colourful, unique and inventive hobby projects – one for each week of the year
- Visit www.ilovemel.me for Mel Elliott's amazing brand of products
- The perfect gift for the 21st Century grown up wanting to look back to the futureLearn More
Out of stockWith the number and variety of surfaces used for embroidery and textile art expanding, this is a timely book that concentrates on two of the key new materials now incorporated into textiles paper and metal. Paper is of great interest to embroiderers. It can be used as a base for a variety of techniques and to enhance and embellish work. Learn More
- Over 5000 stunning floral motifs in one volume and on the accompanying free CD.
- Flower, vegetable, fruit, tree and plant motifs in various heights, from Celtic to Art Deco, plus many more original motifs from the accomplished artist-author.
- Images can be copied, enlarged, traced or developed further for creative use.
- Suitable for design work in any creative field, from embroidery to woodwork.
Patterns for a range of fabulous vintage pieces from the last 120 years, including 1890s corsets, 1940s garter belts and basques, 1950s pin-up brassieres, 1920s French knickers and much more.
- 30 stunning and historically accurate examples of period lingerie, from 1890 to 1960.
- Features 1890s corsets, 1940s garter belts and basques, 1950s New Look girdles, brassieres, knickers and much more.
- Includes annotated patterns, drawings and photographs for fashion students, historians and costume makers.
- Features two projects with step-by-step instructions.Learn More