Crafts & Textiles
- Over 25 stunning and historically accurate patterns for retro swimwear, from 1880 to 1970.
- Features demure 1920s costumes with tunic and drawers, knitted patterns from the 1940s, 1960s halterneck bikinis in bold geometric prints, and much more.
- Includes fully annotated patterns and photographs of each garment, plus two projects with step-by-step instructions.Learn More
Out of stockWith the number and variety of surfaces used for embroidery and textile art expanding, this is a timely book that concentrates on two of the key new materials now incorporated into textiles paper and metal. Paper is of great interest to embroiderers. It can be used as a base for a variety of techniques and to enhance and embellish work. Learn More
Patterns for a range of fabulous vintage pieces from the last 120 years, including 1890s corsets, 1940s garter belts and basques, 1950s pin-up brassieres, 1920s French knickers and much more.
- 30 stunning and historically accurate examples of period lingerie, from 1890 to 1960.
- Features 1890s corsets, 1940s garter belts and basques, 1950s New Look girdles, brassieres, knickers and much more.
- Includes annotated patterns, drawings and photographs for fashion students, historians and costume makers.
- Features two projects with step-by-step instructions.Learn More
Price:£8.99Meet Piers Penguin, Kit Koala, Leo Lion, Zoë Zebra, George Giraffe, Ellie Elephant, Roddy Rhino and Tabby Tiger in these first eight books in the 'Top of the Class' series. With one book based on each character, children will love reading about the goings-on in Miss Roo's school class from many different points of view. Learn More
Includes a CD containing 20 patterns to the exact size you need:
- Teaches you everything you need to know to start making your own clothes
- Check your progress against photographs of the key stages of each project
- Fold out flaps to remind you of stitches and sewing terms as you workLearn More