Aimed at textile artists and textile designers, 'Print, Pattern and Colour' is a glorious celebration of the potential of printing and repeat patterns on fabric. Packed with accessible but imaginative techniques, it covers :
- Monoprinting using sponges, rollers and textured surfaces
- Blocks and stencils, both commercially bought and homemade
- Screenprinting, including the use of photo-sensitive screens
- Using interesting media such as Markal paint sticks, thickened dyes, metallic and pearlescent paints and discharge paste
- Developing print ideas on paper before taking them to fabric
- Combining print with stitch and fabric manipulation
Beautifully illustrated with sumptuous photographs that show off the author's infectious love of colour, this book contains a wealth of inspiration for using print in embroidery and textiles.